Southwest Antennas manufactures a wide variety of circularly polarized bifilar omni antennas for applications such as ground to air communication and live video transmission.
Some of the benefits of bifilar antennas:
- Circular polarization is ideal for communication between ground and airborne vehicles that are moving and banking, such as planes, helicopters, and UAVs. A circular polarized omni antenna on the vehicle can transmit with the ground station regardless of what direction the vehicle is headed, and the ground station can utilize a circularly polarized antenna of the same type (right or left hand circular polarization) or a vertically polarized omni or directional antenna for communication with the vehicle.
- Bifilar antennas offer continuous overhead coverage and large variety of peak gain elevation adjustment based on applications. Vertical monopole and dipole antennas have "key holes" in their pattern where there is a coverage null above the antenna.
- Circular Polarization is ideal for terrestrial to space communications and is not as obscured by atmospheric layers and shifts or inclement weather conditions.
- Available in RHCP and LHCP and can be good options for MIMO applications where you need antennas in the same plane but opposite circular polarizations.
SWA bifilar antenna specific features:
- Many antenna options with STC flight-rated flange mounts, flexible spring bases, or integrated magnetic mounts.
- Frequency coverage for popular law enforcement and ISM bands: 2.1 – 2.5 GHz, 4.4 – 5.0 GHz, 4.1 – 5.9 GHz, 6.25 – 6.75 GHz, other bands also available.
- Omni-directional radiation pattern.
- Many with flat black finish for low visibility, or white for use on aircraft.
Left and Center: bifilar antennas with integrated STC mounts for use on helicopters or aircraft. Right: bifilar antenna with spring base.
View all of our omni bifilar antenna options, or contact us for assistance with your application.