Southwest Antennas is pleased to announce the release of our first antenna designed for use on the Iridium worldwide satellite communication and location service network.
Southwest Antennas Part # 1027-035 supports Iridium transmission and reception, allowing for two-way voice and data communication from anywhere in the world. When paired with an Iridium radio and data service plan this antenna will enable communication anywhere that has an open sky view.
GPS L1 is also supported, which can be used for timing and location services for any attached radio system which supports GPS reception.
The radiation pattern features a wide, 120-degree hemispherical coverage area to capture as much sky as possible and reduce satellite acquisition time.
- Iridium and GPS L1 frequency coverage
- Supports Iridium transmission mode for global communication
- Small form factor, light-weight
- Ruggedized design
- Ground plane independent
- Recessed non-rotating TNC(m) RF connector
- Exceptional pattern bandwidth
- Waterproof to 20 meters (65.6 ft.) when mated
- Navigation systems
- Military and security
- Manpack radios
- Handheld radios
- Small form factor radios
- Low profile vehicle mounts
- Unattended / Intelligent Munitions Systems
- Dismounted soldier-level communications
- Unmanned aerial and ground vehicles
- I.E.D. recognition & destruction jamming systems
- Asset tracking
- Precision timing
- LBS & M2M applications
- Oil & gas industries
- Law enforcement
- Mobile computing