Southwest Antennas is pleased to announce our new line of stand-alone RF filter modules that can be quickly integrated into existing radio systems or added to new systems during planning and deployment.
With the increasing number of radios operating in close proximity to each other and the proliferation of communications equipment in urban and suburban environments, the addition of RF filtering to a system can help eliminate out-of-band interference that degrades radio performance.
Photo: RF filters available in TNC and SMA RF connector configurations
These small RF filters are designed to be installed in-line into a radio system using the coaxial connectors on either end of the filter, available in TNC, SMA, and Reverse Polarity TNC and SMA configurations.
The weatherproof design and rugged G10 housing allows for installation and deployment both indoors or left outside for extended periods of time.
Their small size allows the filters to be fitted directly to a radio's RF connector between the radio and antenna, or attached with RF cable for a system where the antenna is installed away from the radio. These RF bandpass and notch filters are suitable for use on unmanned systems, fixed site infrastructure, tactical radio systems, vehicle-mounted radio systems, and other applications where RF filtering is needed.
Southwest Antennas coaxial RF filter product line features and benefits
- 8 Watt CW (10 Watts peak) RF power handling: for use with tactical radio systems, MIMO & MANET mesh networks, vehicle radio systems, or other rugged radio applications.
- Rugged G10 fiberglass housing: designed for field use and can be deployed in the same environments as our antennas.
- Weatherproof design: allows for all-weather use while exposed to the elements. Low visibility black finish for tactical applications.
- Small size: 0.562" OD allows filters to be installed in-line with antennas directly on the radio, or connected via RF cable away from the radio.
- Quality RF connectors: a variety of connector options available both in-series and between series. Non-rotating connectors resist fouling from environmental contamination.
- Bi-directional design: filters can be installed in either direction and will work equally well in both orientations.
Southwest Antennas news RF filters are available in the following frequency options:
Coaxial RF Filter Application Examples:
- Unmanned system control units
- Unmanned ground vehicles
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
Military radio systems
- Military, DOD, and NATO-band radio applications
- Dismounted or vehicle radio systems
- Fixed site infrastructure
- Base communication and security
Surveillance and security
- Surveillance systems
- Border security applications
- Federal law enforcement radio systems
- Tactical radio systems and fixed site infrastructure
- Vehicles and mobile radio systems
- Electronic News Gathering
- Live Sports
- Television and movie production