Easily concealed and designed specifically for use against the body
The all-new product line of Body Worn Antennas from Southwest Antennas is ideal for covert surveillance applications where the radio and antenna system needs to be concealed on the body. These antenna systems are ideal for law enforcement and clandestine evidentiary collection.
The Body Worn Antennas are designed to be used very close to the skin of the human body. The Body Worn Antenna is easily concealed under clothing or taped directly to the skin while still maintaining ideal antenna tuning and efficiency. Waterproof fabric, robust strain reliefs, micro-miniature RF cable, and light weight ensure the antenna performs ideally in most demanding environments.
General Technical Specifications
- Frequency Ranges Available: 1.7 - 1.85GHz
- Polarization: Vertical
- Gain: 0 dBi
- Radiation Pattern: Omni Directional
- VSWR: ≤ 2:1
- Power Handling: 1 Watt
- Weight: < 1 ounce
- Connector: SMA (m) - black chrome finish
- RF Cable: miniature, ultra-flexible, neutral gray color
- Fabric: Taslon waterproof
- Extremely light weight
- Easily concealed
- Passes standard pat down tests
- Designed and tuned specifically for use against the body
- Minature low-loss RF cable
- Cost Effective
- Waterproof / sealed fabric
- Ruggedized design
- Durable cable strain reliefs
- Neutral color scheme for concealment under clothing
- Transmit and Receive
- Military / Defense / Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement
- Surveillance / Investigations
- Evidence Collection
The Body Worn Antenna is unobtrusively worn below clothing and other gear or hidden in secret clothing pockets, and attached to the microwave transmitter via SMA-M connection. This antenna solution provides reliable radio communication for demanding applications, such as security, law enforcement, or military.
One antenna element is worn on the back of the body while the other antenna element is worn on the front of the body. The RF cable lengths allow for flexibility in placement of the antenna elements and 2-to-1 splitter / combiner and transmitter.