Production Assembler I
Department: Production Department
Reports To: Production Manager
Salary/Pay Range: $12.00 – $14.00/hr
As required by company need job hours may fall in one of the following:
- Full time: 30 - 40 hours / week (overtime may be required)
- Part time: Up to 30 hours / week
Responsible for the assembly of the company’s products within prescribed specifications and if applicable, through efficient machine operations by performing some or all the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DAILY TASKS:
- Basic Soldering training with a minimum of 6 months experience preferred
- Ability to interpret drawings and assembly instructions (verbal and written).
- Ability to operate production machines to produce parts in accordance with the company’s established standards and guidelines.
- Proper use of hand tools required.
- Ability to notice any workmanship defects or flaws in the produced parts and report them immediately to management is required.
- Detect and report any machine or tool malfunctions.
- Prepare parts for painting and / or shipping to include gluing, taping and cleaning.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Document production activities as requested.
- Other related tasks may be assigned such as counting, packaging, labeling or bagging the produced parts or the raw material in preparation for kitting.
- Ability to work individually and / or within a team.
Education/Experience: Entry level position.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Adequate math, reading & reasoning ability – ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to read and understand assembly instructions and interpret product drawings. Ability to understand to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Individual is expected to have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Organizational skills; planning skills; time management skills.
- Manual dexterity with the ability to maintain daily / weekly quota by working quickly and accurately.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. Citizenship required, and employee can have no criminal record or warrants.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The following physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee may be required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, work near ventilated and exhaust equipped soldering stations and some solvents and chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.