GPS & GLONASS Active L1/L2 Antenna, +28dB Gain
Southwest Antennas part # 1065-042 is a high-performance GPS/GLONASS Active L1/L2 antenna designed to deliver extremely accurate location and timing data for users who can operate in both L1 and L2 bands. The antenna's built-in LNA and filters give this antenna a total system active gain of +28 dB and out-of-band rejection of >50 dB (+50 MHz / -35 MHz of L1, +35 MHz / -45 MHz of L2), allowing the antenna to operate in contested and congested RF environments.
This product is considered “Dual Use” (Non-ITAR) by the US State Department and falls outside of Code of Federal Regulations title 22 (CFR) parts 120-130.
Health notice: Part # 1065-042 contains a small magnet embedded in the base which allows for mounting of product to other magnetic surfaces. Users with pacemakers should take care when handling or using this antenna.
- GPS & GLONASS L1 & L2 frequencies (+/- 20 MHz bandwidth supporting military specifications)
- Out-of-band jamming immunity
- Superior multi-path rejection
- Low noise figure
- Low power consumption
- Active LNA and filter circuitry
- Small form factor, light-weight, ruggedized design
- Burn-out protection, in-band jamming protection
This stacked patch-style antenna design is housed in a small, rugged, and low-profile waterproof radome allowing for a wide array of antenna mounting and deployment options including:
- Placing the antenna inside of a MOLLE pouch or other strap/web system and secured to the top of body armor, rucksacks, or other gear.
- Integrated recessed magnet on the bottom of the radome allows the antenna to be attached to any ferromagnetic surface for rapid deployment on vehicles or any other magnetic object.
- The antenna can be easily positioned away from the receiver for better reception by utilizing a length of RF cable between the antenna's RF connector and receiver. This can be used to improve satellite acquisition speed and signal strength if the receiver must be located in an area with poor GNSS reception.
|Antenna Pattern||Hemispherical Antenna|
|Frequency Band||GPS L1 & L2|
|Frequency Range 1||1.217 – 1.238
1,217 – 1,238
|Frequency Range 2||1.565 – 1.586
1,565 – 1,586
|Maximum VSWR||2.0:1||Ratio||Both L1 & L2 bands|
|Maximum Gain||3.40||dBic L1 Passive Gain||-1.9 dBic L2 Passive Gain|
|Total Peak System Gain||+28||dB||±2 dB|
|Axial Ratio||2.4 dB at zenith L1 band, 2.1 dB at zenith L2 band|
|Horizontal (AZ) Beamwidth||360||Degrees||L1 and L2 bands|
|Low Band Vertical (EL) Beamwidth||120||Degrees||L2 band|
|High Band Vertical (EL) Beamwidth||100||Degrees||L1 band|
|Ground Plane Required||No|
|Antenna Labeling||Southwest Antennas label on bottom of radome (covers magnet)|
|Mount Style||Antenna can be tucked into pouches, webbing, or other tactical gear. Embedded magnet in base allows attachment to ferromagnetic surfaces. Optional MOLLE pouch also available from SWA.|
|Immersion||Designed to withstand 65.6 ft / 20 meter immersion|
|RF Connector Type||SMA(f)|
|RF Connector Features||Black chrome finish|
|Product Length||2.40 / 60.96||inches / mm||Excludes RF connector length|
|Product Width||2.40 / 60.96||inches / mm|
|Product Height||0.77 / 19.56||inches / mm|
|Product Weight||4.0 / 113.4||oz / grams|
|LNA Gain||L1: +24.5 dB, L2: +30 dB|
|LNA NF||L1: 2.3 dB typical (2.6 dB max), L2: 1.3 dB typical (1.7 dB max)|
|Output P1dB||L1: -20 dBm min, L2: -19 dBm min|
|Output IP3||L1: +17 dBm min, L2: +15 dBm min|
|LNA DC Voltage Range||3 - 25||V|
|LNA DC Current||40||mA||Typical (50mA max)|
|Rejection 1||>50||dBc||Min @ +50 MHz / -35 MHz of L1 (Fc = 1575 MHz)|
|Rejection 2||>50||dBc||Min @ +35 MHz / -45 MHz of L2 (Fc = 1228 MHz)|