Southwest Antennas is looking for motivated individuals who are interested in a career at our friendly, fast-paced design and manufacturing company. Review the current available job opportunities and fill out the contact form below to apply.
Current Available Positions
Production Associate I - II
Posted September 2, 2016
Department: Production Department
Reports To: Production Manager
Work Location: San Diego, CA 92111
Job Hours may fall in one of the following:
30 - 40 hours /week
20 - 30 hours /week
Less than 20 hours /week
Responsible for the assembly of the company’s products within prescribed specifications and if applicable, through efficient machine operation by performing some or all of the following duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ DAILY TASKS:
- MUST HAVE 1-3 YEARS OF SOLDERING EXPERIENCE WITH EXTENSIVE USE UNDER MICROSCOPE. EXPERIENCE MUST BE RECENT AND WITHIN THE PAST 1 to 2 YEARS.
- Individual is expected to have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interpret drawings and assembly instructions (verbal and written).
- Ability to operate production machines to produce or modify parts in accordance with the company’s established standards and guidelines.
- Proper use of hand tools required.
- During the process of assembly, the ability to notice any workmanship defects or flaws in the produced parts and report them immediately to management is required.
- Detect and report any machine or tool malfunctions.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Document production activities as requested.
- Other related tasks may be assigned such as counting, packaging, labeling or bagging the produced parts or the raw material in preparation for kitting.
- Ability to train others
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to maintain daily / weekly quota by working quickly and accurately
- Adequate Math, Reading & Reasoning Ability – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to read and understand assembly instructions and interpret product drawings. Ability to understand to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities – Oral and written communication skills, Organizational skills, Planning skills, Time Management skills, Manual dexterity.
- Education/Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1 to 5 years prior assembly experience in a similar environment.
- Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. Citizenship required and the employee can have no criminal record or warrants.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment – The following physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift/and or more up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, work near ventilated and exhaust equipped soldering stations and some solvents and chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Southwest Antennas is an equal opportunity employer.